Saturday, October 27, 2012


Welcome to Stark Raving Catholic. 

I love being Catholic.  Not being Catholic makes about as much sense to me as not breathing (at which point I would no longer be Catholic).  Being Catholic is fun.  Being Catholic is cool.  Most importantly, I firmly believe that living the Catholic faith is the best way to be connected with Jesus Christ and imitate Him.  Stark Raving Catholic (SRC) is a celebration and discussion of all things Catholic and how those things lead us to Christ.  

It is easy to get caught up in all the external features that give Catholicism its unique flavor.  We need to remember that whether it’s the Saints, the Rosary, the pope, or fish on Fridays; everything we call Catholic ultimately points to God, especially in his Son—Jesus.  My hope is that SRC will help all of us grow in appreciation of our Catholic faith and traditions and ultimately draw us closer to Christ and his Church.

I look forward to hearing from you, the reader. Together we will tell the stories of ordinary people with ordinary faith living this extraordinary journey. 

2 comments: